50 Polishes – Day Five
Day five! Half way! Can you believe this? Lucky I only picked fifty. Can you imagine if I was doing my entire collection? Ugh I get woozy just thinking about it. I think my fingers would be falling off by the end of it!
Now, on to the swatches!
21. L’oreal Laquiresist VIP – As you can probably tell, I’m really drawn to these deep velvety purples, and yes, this is yet another Laquiresist that came from the UK. The shimmer through it is almost silvery as opposed to the more common blue sheen that you see in these range of purples. I adore it – it’s just right.
22. Revlon Mystical – Old Revlon blue purple duochrome! YES. This has to be one of my very favourite old Revlon shades and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why. This polish came out in the same collection as Revlon Mesmerized, which is still on my wishlist. One day my pretty, one day. For now, I’ll have to be content with this bottle of gorgeous. Oh however will I survive?! It’s kinda hard to search for this on eBay now as Revlon has reused the name for their Just Tinted line. BLAH. I hate when they do that.
23. Creative Aqua Jet – I was pretty bummed when Creative changed their business direction and discontinued their old shades. I have a lot of old ones and this is one of their best. The aqua shimmer compliments the base colour perfectly and reminds me of this barbie doll that I had as a kid. The only problem with this colour is the fact that it is very sheer. I can’t remember whether this was four or five coats but I know it was up there. But it’s worth it, huh? This colour is also still fairly easy to find on eBay.
24. Sally Hansen Blue Velvet Frost – Okay, so this isn’t blue at all. Maybe my eyes deceive me, but to me, Blue Velvet Frost is flat out purple. In fact, it’s so purple that it’s almost Cadbury purple. This is one of my oldest Sally Hansen polishes (as you can see here in one of my earliest batches of stash shots) and one of my favourites. I really REALLY miss the matching brush handles. *sigh*
25. Sally Hansen Magical Garnet – This last polish is also a Sally Hansen, but it’s quite different and probably a lot rarer. The Magical Nail Makeup line was another Canadian exclusive, made up of what I believe to be Prisms shades. I have this one, and a purple that looks a lot like Burgundy Orchid. I love the bright orange to deep red colour shift. It looks like fire in a bottle!
Half way! I can’t wait to show you what I have in store for next week. All I’m going to say is it’s going to be a LOT of green.