50 Polishes – Day Four
Gah! Quickly throwing this post together while I sit here with hair dye in my hair. I’m seeing Roxette tonight and I have so much running around to do before my big sister picks me up at one. I apologise if this entry is missing my usual
dribble witty repartee.
16. Revlon Color Illusion Steel Magic – This is another of my oldest polishes. There are so many great duochromes in the Color Illusion line, and I’m seriously thinking that this should be my next collection once I have found the last two Zings that I am looking for. Steel Magic shifts from purple through to green – check out this gorgeous bottle shot! Formula is thick and pigmented and almost looks kinda chromish. I have no idea what year this line was released, although I’m thinking late 90′s. The pic below shows a little more of the colour change.
17. Sally Hansen Batik Creme – I picked this one up from an eBay seller in the UK in late 2007 along with a lot of other completely amazing New Lengths colours. This one is subtle, yet striking. The shimmer is just beautiful. It reminds me of a less intense version of YSL Wintergreen (which I have, but haven’t swatched or worn yet!).
18. Lori Anne Heavy Metal – This polish is truly a party in a bottle. While I’d argue that it’s much more glam rock than heavy metal, you still can’t deny that it’s pretty rockin’. This is two coats over Pretty Serious Tux (OMG more shameless self promo). I don’t really know much about Lori Anne polishes – like many of these colours I just took a chance on eBay and it paid off. I have one other multi glitter that’s pretty awesome too.
19. Hard Candy Ghetto Girl – I wondered why I never seemed to get caught up in the hype wave of Sally Hansen Opulent Cloud when it was released, but looking at Hard Candy Ghetto Girl, I think I know why. Perhaps in the back of my mind, I realised that I already owned something far cooler. Ghetto Girl seems more vibrant to me than Opulent Cloud. It’s just that little bit more violet and the gold shimmer is slightly more green. I adore it. Oh Hard Candy, you were indeed glorious.
20. Covergirl Nailslicks Mystic Peacock – Another of my first polish purchases. Mystic Peacock is a beautiful blackened teal green. Nailslicks was a fabulous line and I have a stack of them. But Mystic Peacock would have to be a highlight. It’s quite similar to Color Club Black Widow Green and OPI Jasper Jade and is still available to pick up on eBay for a decent price. I can see two bottles up there as of posting this for under five bucks!