Seriously you guys, I am exhausted. Kudos to you gals that post every day. I just don’t know how you do it. I also have a touch of the flu so that probably isn’t helping my mental faculties at the moment. Insert something witty and/or endearing here, blah blah blah, time for more swatches! Day nine! Nearly done!
41. Urban Decay Big Bang – It wouldn’t be a party if I didn’t include at least one Urban Decay. We’ve already seen a whole lot of Hard Candy these last two weeks and I had to throw Big Bang into the mix. Along with Twisted (a gold foil), this one is my fave. This is actually from the second launch of Urban Decay polishes (I don’t own any of the originals – in fact I’ve never even encountered one in the wild!) and this colour was also re-released in one of their more recent mini collection, although if I remember correctly it was a little different.
42. L’oreal Laquiresist Rebel – Oh dear god this is delicious. Have you ever seen a green so murky? So deep? So perfect? Rebel is probably my favourite L’oreal polish EVER. Even if the name does remind me of this.
That’s probably got something to do with the fact that I watch episodes of She-Ra while on my treadmill, but that’s a story for another day. Rebel was picked up from a market stall in the UK by a friend who then sold it to me. I’ve never seen it anywhere else, nor have I seen it on eBay. This polish is truly a rarity. Also, I’ve featured a lot of L’oreal this week, haven’t I? Yet I can’t remember the last time I got excited about a current L’oreal shade. Sad.
43. Misa Love – Another vintage Misa for your viewing pleasure. I hadn’t swatched this before today and from looking at it in the bottle, I thought it was going to be much more purple on the nail but it’s really quite blue. The colour actually reminds me of Nubar Peacock Feathers without the duochrome. I could do a whole week of posts on my vintage Misa shades, they’re amazing.
44. OPI Real Teal – This is my favourite of the vintage OPI greens, found for me by my beautiful friend Emma on a chance dusty hunt. This is part of the OPI X Collection, which you can see more of here. Sadly, this colour doesn’t seem to be too much in demand these days. The explosion that the nail industry has undergone in the last five years has seen a lot of colours like this one become readily available therefore harder to find polishes like Real Teal are less desirable – unless you’re me, that is. Real Teal also has dead on dupes in OPI Yosemite (Australian Exclusive) and OPI Totally Teal (Japan Exlcusive). Of course, both of those is on my wish list.
45. Hard Candy Candy Man Dog – Hang on a second, I just have to get this off my chest.
Okay, now that I’m done laughing at this meme, we can talk about the last Candy Man polish that I’m showing you this week – Dog. Dog is a gorgeous deep purple with a silvery blue shimmer. Much like Oedipus, I think this one is far too pretty for a guy shade so I’m claiming it back for the girls. I hope in time that I will be able to complete my Candy Man collection, but in the meantime gems like Dog make me happy to have the handful that I do.
Well that’s the second last post done and dusted. One more to go! Hold on to your pants everyone!