I’ve started to notice that most of these polishes are green. Probably at least half. I guess considering that it’s me writing these posts that’s to be expected. Only three more days to go after today! I’m definitely thinking I should try this again sometime soon. I’ve had so much fun fishing out and swatching these rare polishes but I have so many more! Doing this forced me to swatch some new and exciting stuff – definitely something I want to repeat in the future.
31. Hard Candy Candy Man Oedipus – Another Candy Man shade. I think the Candy Man colours are better than a lot of the regular old Hard Candy shades. This blackened emerald green reminds me a lot of Zoya Suvi. The sheer nature of the polish (this is three coats) gives it a lovely inner glow. Out of all the Candy Man shades that I own, think this is probably the least manly.
32. Sally Hansen Magical Amethyst – My Magical Garnet polish was such a big hit with you guys that I’m glad I chose to include the other Magical shade that I own – Magical Amethyst. As I said before, these were Canadian exclusive and I believe them to be dupes of Prisms shades. This one looks a lot like Burgundy Orchid, a highly underrated Prism, yet one of my faves! I’ve added a bottle shot below and a few shots of the colour shift. Amazing!
33. Orly a la mode Enchante – Not sure how old this Orly sub brand is, but this dirty olive green is wonderful, no matter how old. I had a few troubles with the formula (man have I been through some thinner while writing these posts!) but I think the end result came out nicely. I have one other colour from this brand, a forest green simply called Metallic Green. In my vast eBay travels I have not ever seen any other colour from this line. ‘Tis a mystery!
34. Givenchy Dandy Moire – How delicious is this? Honestly, there is just no other word. This colour was released back in 2008 and I paid around $30 for it. Back then I thought that was a lot and it was the most I had ever spent on a polish. How young and naive I was LOL. But it was worth every penny because it was LE and disappeared quickly. What fascinates me about this shade is the green shimmer scattered throughout the navy base, along with blue and a hint of purple. This is truly unique.
35. Sally Hansen Funky Frost – An old fave. I’m really obsessed with this shade of turquoise at the moment so it’s no wonder I picked it out. I have quite a few from the collection that this came out with in the late 90’s, but Funky is a clear highlight. The subtle shimmer brings it to life, and I think it’s just perfect.
I’m a little behind with these posts (due to Pretty Serious happenings) but I have two planned for tomorrow to bring us up to speed. Hopefully we’ll be on track to finish for Friday.