I can’t believe it’s been two weeks since I started this series of posts! Time has just flown, and now here we are with the last five shades. I’m a little sad that this series is coming to an end, but even though it’s been a lot of work, it’s been nice to look back on my blog and see so many recent posts! I really think I need to do this again in a couple of months. I am pretty sure that I can rustle up another 50 amazing and rare polishes from within the depths of my helmers.
For the last time (at least this time anyway) let’s get to the polishes!
46. Hard Candy AWOL – This is probably the oddest, ugliest, rarest and most awesome of my green Hard Candy polishes. It’s not even quite an army green – it’s more of a sludge colour with a hint of silver shimmer. Odd and unique and as ugly as a bag of arseholes but I don’t know – I dig it. I dig it a lot. It’s like a pug. So ugly that it crosses that line into cute.
47. Essie VIP – This is actually the second purple polish named VIP that I have featured, and both are pretty similar in shade. This is a really old Essie – No embossed bottle and no ‘e’ on the bottle cap. VIP was rare back when I started really collecting about five years ago, so it predates my knowledge. What I do know, is that this polish was created by Essie as a dupe for Chanel Metallic Vamp (Much in the same way that Starry Starry Night is a dupe for Chanel Ciel De Nuit). Side by side, I cannot pick a difference between the two.
48. Revlon Streetwear Monster Mash – I’ve already swatched a lot of my Streetwears in the past before, but I couldn’t get through this series without posting my absolute, hands down fave – Monster Mash. There are probably a lot of Streetwear shades much rarer than this one, (there are a lot that I have never even seen! Krypton? Totally Tarantula?) but I don’t think any of them are more incredible. The glitter is so bright and so dense – this was only two coats! This polish was part of the same collection as Costume Party and Oct 31st (both also awesome).
49. L’oreal Laquiresist Ocean – Yet another L’oreal polish, but how could I not include Ocean?! Ocean is a deep navy jelly loaded with silver blue glass fleck shimmer. Absolutely gorgeous. I used to see this on eBay (especially in the UK) all the time, but the supply seems to have dried up. If you can get your hands on it, I suggest you do so!
50. Covergirl Nailslicks Midnight Forest – Finally, we have Midnight Forest. A gorgeous blackened grey green with a hint of blue duochrome. I picked this one up at the same time as Mystic Peacock, so I’ve had it practically forever. It’s not the prettiest colour, but it’s odd and quite beautiful in it’s own way, and I think it’s a nice way to finish off this little series.
The most common complaint that I get about this blog is that people don’t want to read because I show them so many things that they can’t have, which frustrates them. I’m the complete opposite – I love the thrill of finding something that I’ve been after for a long time. I love discovering new things and the instant gratification of just buying what’s new doesn’t appeal to me at all. I’ve had things on my wishlist for close to six years now, but I don’t give up. Thankfully for me though (and the readership of my blog!) there are still a lot of people who get a kick out of the rarities that I post.
I can only hope that new bloggers and collectors find a love for vintage stuff, much as I have. A lot of bloggers that have been around as long as I have seem to be losing interest and moving into new things. I don’t want to be the only one left posting about such awesome hidden treasures! If you are into this kind of thing and have a blog, don’t get caught up in press releases and new collections – post about what you love! I can assure you that there are plenty of people out there that want to see it!